If you search the internet you'll find loads about reputation management - roughly translated as the process of monitoring (and improving) how others view you, or your business and products. If set up properly, and by properly that equates to approximately ten minutes in the first place and some tweaking here and there, Google Alerts will keep you up to date hourly, daily or weekly on what the internet (or more accurately those on it) is saying about your business.)
And if you're smart you'll also use it to see what they are saying about your competitors. Of course it's not only about reputations and customer comments. Want to be kept up to date with what promotions your oppostion are running or planning. Well you can track that too.
Accessible and managed from your Google Account, Alerts works by tracking all instances your key phrases are mentioned online. It will then email you on a regular basis - you set the frequency - with refernces to your selected phrases.
Start off your Alerts with some of the following for your own business:-
- Your Business Brand Name- (hotel golf course, restaurant, etc)
- Location Linked - (property name and town or area)
- Location and event or activity linked - (eg Ayrshire Golf events, Speyside whisky trail)
- Former names of your business
- Names of your products - (restaurants, bars, golf courses)
- Your owners or management company
- Your competitors (repeat all of above even with their names?)
Contact us for further information on how to build your online tourism marketing strategy